[driverloader] WiFi does not work if WEP enabled, but does if disabled

Travis Spencer tspencer at cs.pdx.edu
Wed Mar 31 06:54:45 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 02:34:09PM +0100, Kirk Bowe wrote:
> the standard Redhat network / device configuration tool seems to be
> ignoring anything you want to say about encryption or keys.  If you try

I was having the same problem when entering in my key using
redhat-network-config (neat) until I discovered that it wants the
input prepended w/ a 0x if the given number is hex (whereas iwconfig
is happy to get a key without a prefix).  For example, in neat, you
would need to enter 0x1a2b3c4d instead of just 1a2b3c4d as you can w/
iwconfig.

HTH.

--

Regards,