[driverloader] installation: gentoo 2.6.5-mm1/centrino

x86processor genes46genes at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 15:48:42 EDT 2004

Greetings!

I had my driverloader working well on SuSE 9 on my
Intel PRO Centrino on the T41 Thinkpad. I have moved
to Gentoo 2.6.5-mm1.

I am still trying to get used to the Portage and would
like to  know if I should simply download the sources
(.tar.gz) and follow these steps ?

1. extract the package with "tar -xzf
driverloader-{version}.tar.gz"

2. change to the package directory with "cd
driverloader-{version}"

3. run "make install" from the top of the package
directory.

4. run "dldrconfig" to complete the installation and
configure your device.

Is there any specific directory I should put the
.tar.gz file into? Does this affect my Portage in any
way?

TIA,

x86