[driverloader] driverloader: NdisAcquireSpinLock: exceeded spinlimit

Dan Elder dan at novacoast.com
Fri Apr 23 10:29:17 EDT 2004

	I'm having the same problem with the latest version of driverloader
(1.66).  I'm running 2.6.3 but I have the same problem with 2.6.5.  I'm
going to try several other kernel versions and see if they give me
problems as well.  My system will lock up for ~20 secs and dmesg will
give me the following messages:

driverloader: NdisAcquireSpinLock: exceeded spinlimit (381952000),
breaking lock
driverloader: NdisAcquireSpinLock: exceeded spinlimit (381952000),
breaking lock
driverloader: NdisAcquireSpinLock: exceeded spinlimit (381952000),
breaking lock

	The frequency of the lockups are directly related to how much traffic
is passing over the wireless link for what it's worth.  My laptop
requires ACPI so I can test whether that's an issue or not.  My wireless
card is a Broadcom Corporation BCM94306 802.11g (rev 03).  If there's
any additional information I can provide please let me know.
	Thank you,
	Dan ELder

--
Dan Elder, Security Engineer, Novacoast, Inc.
Voice: (805) 884-4152
E-mail: dan at novacoast.com