[driverloader] usr 805410 and latest drivers (5.0j)

Marc Boucher marc at linuxant.com
Sat May 8 09:29:44 EDT 2004

Hi Cristiano,

1) The advanced settings are controlled by the Windows driver's inf
file.
In USR's new driver, the definitions for some parameters, like Mode4x,
have been commented out; that's why they no longer appear on
driverloader's advanced settings page. But in the case of Mode4x, the
default value seems On.

2) We have done a few tests here sending data to an USR5450 AP (running
the latest 1.41 firmware) with turbo mode enabled, and it seems to work
fine - haven't been able to reproduce any hangs. What brand/model of AP
and firmware revision do you have? How much data can you send before
the problem happens? Does it happen when receiving data too? Have you
tried resetting the configuration parameters (rm -f
/etc/driverloader/config/*; dldrstop; dldrconfig -i) to defaults?

3) The led also stays on with the new driver when disabling/ejecting
the card under Windows . Seems like a benign issue.

Marc