[driverloader] driverloader or madwifi

Brian Kurle geek at suid0.com
Thu May 27 22:28:00 EDT 2004

I guess it all depends upon where the money goes.  You either pay 20 bux
for the driverloader plus your cheap card, or you get the expensive card
but free drivers.

also, it really really does depend upon the card you get.  I've got a
2200BG card that I had been using driverloader, but since I heavily work
with the kernel, I've run into the problems posted here many times.  So,
I've been closely monitoring the ipw2100-devel list.

I have the Dlink DWL-G650 and have used madwifi with it and it works
wonderfully (even with encryption).

But, I'd love to use my Centrino chip and continue heavy
experimentation... thus I monitor this and several other lists.

If you've got a fairly static environment and the cost of your cheap
card plus the cost of driverloader is less than the cost of the DLink
card, then the driverloader route may be the better route to go.