[driverloader] DriverLoader ebuild WAS: /etc/init.d/driverloader

Sven Jacobs sven.jacobs at web.de
Fri Jun 4 20:55:57 EDT 2004

Benjamin Blazke wrote:
> An ebuild for driverloader would be greatly
> appreciated! Could you please also add an optional
> support for WPA (wpa_supplicant) as a USE flag?

I may think about that when I've successfully written a basic ebuild :)
I once had a quick look on wpa_supplicant and found it quite
complicated. Also I don't think the DriverLoader ebuild would be the
right place for it. There's another ebuild net-wireless/wireless-config
(it still may be masked or just available on bugs.gentoo.org) which
deals with the configuration of wireless devices, especially with WEP.
Anyway I think it's quite a good idea to use the DriverLoader ebuild
alond with this one. It may even depend on it...