[driverloader] Belkin 802.11g Mandrake 9.2

Dave Lichtenstein dave at electricseaturtle.com
Mon Jun 7 17:14:30 EDT 2004

Hi,

I recently got the same wireless card working, so far beautifully, on my
Dell Dimension 8250 running Red Hat 9. I couldn't seem to configure it
using the gui tools either. Tech support is great here and Jonathan will
certainly have the answer but in the meantime maybe I can help:

The 2 pertinent config files, I believe are:
1. /etc/modules.conf
	make sure a line such as, "alias wlan0 driverloader" exists.

2. /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0

	here's mine for an example: (I use 64-bit WEP) This file can be
configured with iwconfig (check man iwconfig) or of course
created/edited manually:

# Please read /usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/sysconfig.txt
# for the documentation of these parameters.
USERCTL=no
PEERDNS=yes
GATEWAY=
TYPE=Wireless