[driverloader] HowTo: multiple interface and APs?

Fred Welland f.welland at verizon.net
Wed Jun 23 00:35:03 EDT 2004

-New to driverloader
-Using linux for a while
-Toshiba tecra 8100 + Netgear WG511 + DLink AP and SMC AP
-RH 9 (pretty vanilla)

I installed DriverLoader via RPM and fed it my Windows driver for the WG511.  The works fine and connects to my D-Link AP fine.

Added another AP to my network (to fix a dead spot).  Now I want to do this:

eth0 - be my normal wired PCMCIA card
eth1 - be WG511/DriverLoader pointing to one AP (ssid & channel)
eth2 - be WG511/DriverLoader pointing to the other AP (ssid & channel)

Generally I use the redhat-* tools to tinker with stuff and I use the DriverLoader web configurator to do stuff to wg511.  I can't figure out how to get DriverLoader to use any interface ID other than eth0.

Could someone give me a nudge or two in the correct direction on how to set this up?  How can I make driverloader 'bind' to eth1 and/olr eth2?

Ultimately, I'd like to use 'redhat-network-config' to just activate/de-activate interface depending on where I am.

Thanks for you help,