[driverloader] Problem with a Dell INSPIRON 510m and Intel 2200BG

Florian Quetting quetting at email.de
Sun Jun 27 17:15:09 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 510m with an Intel 2200BG MiniPCI-Wireless-card.
I can Install driverloader and set it up with the native Intel drivers
and it seems I can set essid, mode, networkname, encryption keys and
power management, but i can't change the bitrate. iwlist wlan0 scan also
does not do anything. Using ndiswrapper, I even can not change mode
(ad-hoc, managed). Any ideas?

- ------------------- Driverloader -------------------------
iwlist scan (short)
eth0      Interface doesn't support scanning.

wlan0     Failed to read scan data : No data available

wlan0     IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:""  Nickname:"unknown"
~          Mode:Managed  Bit Rate=54Mb/s
~          RTS thr=1600 B   Fragment thr=2304 B
~          Encryption key:off
~          Power Management:off
~          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0
~          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
~          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0

cat /proc/net/wireless
Inter-| sta-|   Quality        |   Discarded packets               |
Missed | WE
~ face | tus | link level noise |  nwid  crypt   frag  retry   misc |
beacon | 16
~ wlan0: 0000    0     0     0        0      0      0      0      0
~     0

-
----------------------------------------NDISWRAPPER-------------------------------
When using ndiswrapper, iwconfig says, link level would constantly be 24.
wlan0     IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:""
~          Mode:Managed  Access Point: FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF  Bit Rate:54Mb/s
~          RTS thr:1600 B   Fragment thr:2304 B
~          Encryption key:off
~          Power Management:off
~          Link Quality:0/100  Signal level:24/154  Noise level:0/154
~          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
~          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0

iwlist wlan0 scan
wlan0     No scan results

-

cu,