[driverloader] Card, but not working...

Trond Mæhlum trondrm at online.no
Wed Jun 30 22:18:26 EDT 2004

ons, 30.06.2004 kl. 04.30 skrev David J Adams:
> What is the output from iwconfig?

briteidi:~ # iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

wlan0     IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:"DEFIANT"  Nickname:"briteidi"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412GHz  Access
Point:XX:0C:XX:70:XX:F0
          Bit Rate=11Mb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm
          RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:1/1  Signal level:-48 dBm  Noise level:-200 dBm

Some more info, tail -f /var/log/messages gave "no IPv6 routers present"
I then followed a tip to remove ipv6 from /etc/modprobe.conf. This did
nothing, same result: No IP from dhcp, can see the access point's mac,
the ap can see the card.s mac. Static IP can not ping anything but the
card itself and the gateway is correct.

Regards
Trond

--