[driverloader] Error trying to set WEP key

James Kratzer jkratzer at cinci.rr.com
Sun Jul 18 04:58:20 EDT 2004

I have driver loader working perfectly with no encryption, but when I
try to enable WEP with a 128 bit key, I get the following error. I get
the error whether using the "restricted" keyword or not.  What is going
on?

prompt% iwconfig eth1 key XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX restricted

Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
    SET failed on device eth1 ; Invalid argument.

I get the same error this way as well:

prompt% iwconfig eth1 key on

Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
    SET failed on device eth1 ; Invalid argument.

Thanks for any help.