[driverloader] Unable to associate, using Intel 2200BG

Marc Boucher marc at linuxant.com
Mon Jul 19 10:04:37 EDT 2004

Hi Byron,

It seems that Intel's 2200BG driver has trouble with explicit selection
of APs (causing the driverloader: ndisSetInformation: 802_11_BSSID
st=FAILURE), and there was a compatibility issue with WPA.

To fix the latter, please upgrade to

http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader-1.74beta04071900.tar.gz
http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader-1.74beta04071900-1.i386.rpm

or a newer release version >= 1.74 if available.

The driverloader: ndisSetInformation: 802_11_BSSID st=FAILURE message
will still occur since it is caused by Intel's driver but the card
should nonetheless work fine with WPA (btw there is now a new
wpa_supplicant available from our web-site).

If you want to experiment without encryption, I would recommend using
"iwconfig eth1 essid <your_essid>" instead of "iwconfig eth1 ap ..." to
choose the access point.

Let us know the results..

Good luck
Marc