[driverloader] IBM miniPCI abg (Atheros) and SuSE 9.1 Kernel Oops
newsuser at bf-net.ch
Sat Jul 24 12:22:05 EDT 2004
I am using driverloader since some time. About six weeks ago
I did an upgrade from SuSE 9.0 to 9.1 with kernel 2.6.5-7.95.
Since that I am struggling a bit with newer driverloader versions
and the IBM drivers for my atheros based IBM miniPCI a/b/g card.
- Linuxant Driverloader 1.72
- wlan-drivers: %ATHEROS% 09/12/2003,18.104.22.168
- Any newer version of Driverloader with above or newer
- Above version of Driverloader with any newer wlan driver
I am getting different errors. Usually:
- kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: wlan0: transmit timed out
- sometimes I was able to ping in my local subnet, but not out of
it (means I could reach until the inner interface of my firewall
but not the outer).
- but mostly the above problems are followed by the very ugly
kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: wlan0: transmit timed out
kernel: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual
kernel: printing eip:
kernel: *pde = 00000000
kernel: Oops: 0000 [#11]
kernel: CPU: 0
kernel: EIP: 0060:[__crc_lookup_mnt+1903180/2689539] Tainted: PF U
kernel: EIP: 0060:[<faa0e029>] Tainted: PF U
kernel: EFLAGS: 00010282 (2.6.5-7.95-default)
kernel: EIP is at driverloader263_+0x1040/0x1133 [driverloader]
kernel: eax: c0109010 ebx: 00000286 ecx: 0000000d edx: c0100000
and so on
Any idea what to do? The actual configuration works fine, but maybe
once I have to change to a newer version of driverloader...
More information about the driverloader