[driverloader] RH9/WMP54G "Error -5 Transmitting Packet"

Julian Ray julianjray at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 15:57:15 EDT 2004

I have just installed a WMPG54G and cannot get it to work. The driver is
loaded Ok and I can scan the access point but when I attempt to config the
driver from the network configuration utility I get the following error
message:

Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06):
    Set failed on device eth1 ; invalid argument

dmesg repeatedly displays the error: "Error -5 Transmitting Packet"

and the CPU runs at 100% until I shut the device down.

Any suggestions? I'm running RH9 on a i686 with 2.4.20-31.9 kernel

Thanks
Julian