[driverloader] driverloader and usr805410: up and addendum

Cristiano De Michele demichel at na.infn.it
Fri Jul 30 18:17:34 EDT 2004

Hi,
driverloader 1.76 works fine for me without
stack workaround with my USR805410 pcmcia card (using
latest driver 6.0b12) on a 2.4.26 kernel (+swsusp-2.0.0.100
+acpi patch+cpufreq).

Anyway I have only following two things to remark:

1) first time I load driverloader I get following
   message:
   Unknown reset request 0
   but only first time,i.e. if I unload module and I reload
   it, message disappears.

2) it seems power management does not work properly because
   I don't notice, enabling power management through iwconfig,
   any power consumption reduction and any
   performance loss, as I should expect when power management
   is properly enabled.
   In addition if I enable power management under windows I noticed
   that power led starts blinking (as if driver turns card on and off
   continuously ) while enabling power management with driverloader
   led keeps on all the time (i.e. does not blink),

3) using wpa_supplicant 0.2.4 I get following error messages
   (0.2.3 works fine without such messages):

   eth1: prism2_param: unknown param 15
   eth1: prism2_param: unknown param 23

best regards,
Cristiano

--
Cristiano De Michele 	             E-mail: cristiano.demichele at phys.uniroma1.it
Department of Physics                Tel.  : +39064457131