[driverloader] 1.76 crashes on Inspiron 8600 and SuSE 9.1

Jimmy Oliver jimbo at gojimbo.com
Fri Jul 30 20:28:44 EDT 2004

Hello all,
After the nigh-mare of system lock ups with the SuSE
kernel upgrades, 1.75 was rock solid for me.  I saw
that driverloader had been upgraded to 1.76 and
without pause gave it a go assuming that all of the
bug fixes would be incorporated in this new version.
The same symptoms have returned with system locks.
Since I now have a "Know Good" version (1.75) to work
with, I simply removed the new version and rolled back
to the old one.  This is more of an FYI than a
complaint.  My card is an Intel 2200BG.  Just like
before, the system locks up to soon for me to provide
you with any real diagnostic information.  For what
it's worth, 1.75 is extremely solid.

-Jimmy
www.gojimbo.com