[driverloader] driverloader spinlock msgs: an issue?

Ted Markowitz tjm at cognosys.net
Sun Aug 1 16:30:23 EDT 2004

I've been seeing tons of these error messages in my dmesg log since I
upgraded to the latest version of driverloader:

    driverloader: NdisInterlockedInsertTailList: ListHead=dfa107a0
    ListEntry=db8430a0 SpinLock=dfa107b4

This is coming from dldr v1.76_k2, which I just downloaded and
reinstalled to support a Netgear WG511 card. Also, it appears on both my
RH9 and Fedora Core 2 installs. The wlan card seems to work fine, but
I'm concerned whether this is chewing up my CPU unnecessarily. Any info
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--ted
Ted Markowitz (Pace University CSIS DPS 2006)
Chief Architect
Cognosys LLC (http://www.cognosys.net)

10 Hamilton Lane, Darien, CT 06820-2809, USA
203-655-2400 (phone/fax) | 203-984-6565 (cell)
tjm at cognosys.net (email) | TJMarkowitz (AIM ID)
NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, is solely intended
for the person(s) or company shown in the message's header and may
contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any
unauthorized disclosure, copying or other unapproved use of this
information may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please delete this message and notify
the sender immediately.