[driverloader] Why so many versions of 2.x driverloader so quickly

Torsten Wolf t.wolf at tu-bs.de
Thu Aug 12 10:47:47 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Mi, 11 Aug 2004, Linuxant support (Jonathan) wrote:

>in DriverLoader 2.00, we have introduced an INF parsing cache and this
>cache caused some problems with some Windows XP drivers. These problems
>are now completely fixed in DriverLoader 2.03. Between DriverLoader 2.00
>and 2.03, we also have fixed a compilation issue on 2.6.8 kernels.

Well, the compilation on the last two -rcs of 2.6.8 works indeed.
Unfortunately, the new releases severely break stability of my setup.
With v1.66 and the latest inf/sys for my AR5211 device I could get,
everything works rock solid (2.4.xx naturally). Alas, when installing
v2.0x kernel 2.6.8-rcx freezes immediately. Thus I am unable to create a
diagnostic dump. 2.4.27 works slightly better; freezes occur more seldom
and the driver needs to be reloaded after suspend/resume (which was not
necessary with v1.66).

>If DriverLoader is working fine on your system, you do not have to
>upgrade your DriverLoader installation.

v1.66 works perfectly well! However, I need a stable 2.6 setup. Is it
possible to enhance v1.66 so that it builds under linux 2.6? Please let
me know how I can give you more information at least with respect to the
2.6 freeze issue.

Regards,
Torsten