[driverloader] speeding up boot on FC2

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Thu Aug 19 18:45:52 EDT 2004

On 08/19/04 17:17, Linuxant support (Jonathan) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>there are 2 operations that are done when the DriverLoader service is
>started :
>
>1) Recompile the DriverLoader module if needed
>2) Start the Web Configurator
>
>The step to recompile the kernel module is only done in the case you
>have insalled a generic package. If you already have the kernel module
>compiled, then the compilation will not take place. It is normal that if
>you boot in a kernel in which you do not have the DriverLoader module
>compiled, it might take up to a few minutes to compile the module.

I did not use the generic package.  The rpm does seem to work
(although it give various error messages each time I re-install).
How do I tell if I have the kernel module compiled?  (A "few
minutes" might be the 60 sec I referred to.  This is a very fast
computer.)  And, if it isn't compiled, how do I force it?
(Installing the RPM with the -U switch is what I usually do.)

Jon