[driverloader] driverloader device eth1 doesn't seem to be present

Christian Dysthe christian at dysthe.net
Wed Aug 25 20:56:29 EDT 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Sean R. Kirkpatrick wrote:

> This is puzzling.
>
> When I first installed driverloader 1.67-1, the linksys wpa11 card
> worked just fine. However, a recent FC2 kernel change prompted me to
> upgrade to 2.04 and just the other day to 2.05. Now when I try to
> bring up the interface, I receive the following
>
> > /sbin/ifup eth1
> interface 'eth1' not found interface 'eth1' not found interface
> 'eth1' not found driverloader device eth1 does not seem to be
> present, delaying initialization.
>
> If I subsequently run dldrconfig, it detects pre-built modules and
> installs them, and ifup brings up the interface just fine. Rebooting
> results in the same problem.
>
> I checked syslog and see only
>
> driverloader: module license 'see LICENSE file; Copyright
> (c)2003-2004 Linuxant inc.' taints kernel.  driverloader:
> stack=4096/76/0 REGPARM X86_SWITCH_PAGETABLES usbcore: registered
> new driver driverloader
>
> which shows no obvious error.
>
> Has anyone else seen this problem?

Yes. I am running Mandrake 10.1 Beta 2.(kernel 2.6.8).  Driveloader
2.04 has been working fine. However, yesterday I "lost" eth1 and my
wireless connection.. I reinstalled driverloader, but now I get my
wireless connection on eth2 no matter what I do.  Not that it really
matters, but still.......

//Christian
Registered Linux User #228949 at: http://counter.li.org/

     -- What if it all means something? --