[driverloader] BCM94306 - invalid misc goes up constantly with 2.04

Jeff Davidson supermonkey at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 16:33:34 EDT 2004

I currently use driverloader 1.71 which works fine with my 2.6.8
kernel and my linksys WMP54G which I believe is a BCM94306 chip after
applying the waitpid fix to modules/osservices.c.  Invalid misc
remains at 0 when checking iwconfig after testing for a few hours.

However, when I tried version 2.04 (and I'm guessing this would happen
since 2.00, since that's where "improved wireless stat reporting" is
listed in the changelog), the invalid misc number would skyrocket up
about 100 per second with no noticable problems in internet.  A
similar issue used to happen to me in ndiswrapper, which is one big
reason why I purchased driverloader.

Does anyone have some idea what's wrong?  I use gentoo linux.

Thanks,
-Jeff