[driverloader] Intel Pro/Wireless 7100 gives netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5

Nik Silver orangecutter at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 5 23:27:19 EDT 2004

Hi there

I previously had driverload 1.56 running nicely on my
Debian kernel 2.4.21, with this device:

Description    : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 7100 LAN Card
Driver
Adapter model  : PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI
Adapter

Now I've upgraded to the 2.6.7 kernel and driverloader
2.06, and I can't get it working. I've compiled the
kernel with 16k stack patch and uploaded the latest
Win XP drivers (w70n51). The driverloader module
inserts okay, and reports that all is well, but when I
try to ping google.com I get this reported by dmesg:

netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
agpgart: Found an AGP 2.0 compliant device at
0000:00:00.0.
agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:00:00.0 into 1x
mode
agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:01:00.0 into 1x
mode
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5

(Not sure if the agpgart messages are relevant, but
they appear, so I'm including them.) And of course I
never reach Google. These netndis messages continue
appearing each second or so, until I Ctrl-C from the
ping, whereupon they stop.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Nik