[driverloader] Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 gives netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5

Nik Silver orangecutter at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 6 15:37:09 EDT 2004

Hi there

I previously had driverloader 1.56 running nicely (and
licenced) on my Debian kernel 2.4.21, with this
device:

Description    : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 7100 LAN Card
Driver
Adapter model  : PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI
Adapter

This is on a Thinkpad T40. Now I've upgraded to the
2.6.7 kernel and driverloader 2.06, and I can't get it
working. I've compiled the kernel with 16k stack patch
and uploaded the latest Win XP drivers (w70n51). The
driverloader module inserts okay, and reports that all
is well, but when I try to ping google.com I get this
reported by dmesg:

netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
agpgart: Found an AGP 2.0 compliant device at
0000:00:00.0.
agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:00:00.0 into 1x
mode
agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:01:00.0 into 1x
mode
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5

(Not sure if the agpgart messages are relevant, but
they appear with dmesg, so I'm including them.) And of
course I never reach Google. These netndis messages
continue appearing each second or so, until I Ctrl-C
from the ping, whereupon they stop.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Nik