[driverloader] Issues with Driver Loader/Intel 2100A/RHES3.0

Barry Kirkpatrick barryk at sgi.com
Thu Sep 9 14:33:16 EDT 2004

I have a Dell Lattitude D600 laptop with the built-in Centrino 2100A
wireless adapter. The system is a dual boot Win 2000/RedHat ES 3.0. The
Wireless adapter works fine in Win2000. I installed the latest driver loader
today along with the Intel drivers. I see the following messages in
/var/log/messages when I try to reload the driver loader from the webpage:

   usb.c: deregistering driver driverloader
   driverloader: stack=8192/1800/0
   usb.c: registered new driver driverloader

When I do an ifconfig all i see is eth0 and lo0. eth1 does not appear to be
there.

In the Network GUI eth1 is there along with eth0. Eth1 is inactive. If I try
to activate it I receive the following error:

   driverloader device eth1 does not seem to be present, delaying
initialization.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

Thanks,

Barry
barryk at sgi.com