[driverloader] If commands not working using the rc.local workaround

rf frosterrj at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 19 10:27:02 EDT 2004

I have been using driverloader on MDK 10, newest kernel, but I tried to
ifdown the card recently but it seems the kernel doesnt know its there
since Jonathan made the suggestion to put this at the end of the
rc.local file:

>Please add the following lines at the end of your '/etc/rc.local'
>file :
>modprobe driverloader
>ifup eth0

to get it up at boot time.  So how do I bring the card down when I
want?  I popped it out and then back in again, but ifup doesnt work,
again because kernel doesnt see the card.

How do I get control of my card again when it is loaded with the
rc.local workaround?