[driverloader] Using other device than eth0

Hurt, Gerald gerald.hurt at Intrado.com
Sun Sep 26 03:30:09 EDT 2004

I just installed the 30 day trial of driverloader, here is my
configuration:

Gateway Solo 2500 laptop, Slackware 10.0, kernel 2.4.26, Realtek rtl8180
card.
I downloaded the tarball version of driverloader, compiled and installed
with no problems.

I had previously configured the network to use a PCMCIA Linksys 10/100
card which had been configured for eth0. The driverloader install also
used the eth0 configuration and applied the IP address and other
settings to the wireless card. How can I change the wireless
configuration to use wlan0 or something similar instead of eth0?

Otherwise, I've had better luck in the first 5 minutes of using this
than any other method the past month!!

Thanks in advance,
Jay