[driverloader] FW: modem problem

Samy H. Aly Hassan shaly at mans.edu.eg
Sun Sep 26 22:17:58 EDT 2004

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Samy H. Aly Hassan
	Sent: Sat 9/25/2004 10:44 PM
	To: hsflinux at lists.linuxant.com
	Subject: modem problem
	First here is the information:
	1-My modem is conexant HSF 56k HSFi
	2-I use redhat 8, my kernel is 2.4.18-14, my machine is i686 and hardware platform is 1
	is i386
	3-I downloaded  hsfmodem-6.03.001..._k2.4.18-14-1rh.i686 rpm.zip
	4-I opened kppp and chose the following device options : /dev/ttys0, flow control xon/xoff, line termination CR/LF and connection speed 115200
	5- modem connections are: initializing string0=ATZ, initializing string1 is blanck,
	no dile tone detection: ATX3.
	6- Query modem : passed AT1 to AT7 (100%), the qurey list is blanck
	7-when I pressed the connect button the message was : modem ready then initializing modem but NO dialing sound and NO connection to browser
	8- the files ttySHSF0 and modem in /dev and both have a question mark. I checked their properties: they are of unknown type and have zero volum.
	How can I solve this connection problem ?