[driverloader] Configuration for USR805416 and fedora 1

Nick Betteridge nbetteridge at syntactics.com
Mon Oct 4 17:08:59 EDT 2004

Hi

I'm running fedora 1 and a USR 805416 pci adaptor.

I have installed the linuxant drivers, the inf/sys/xxx files from the
linuxant site and everything thing installed without error - even in the
kernel log. During installation, a temporary license was picked up and
installed.

When I do a iwlist scan, I can see the AP. This AP is already working
fine with a laptop & windows xp using a USR 805410.

I entered the pci adaptors mac in the access table on the AP

The details from the windows xp installation are:

Association BSSID - <hex-number>
SSID - <name>
Channel - <number>
NetworkType - Infrastructure
Preamble - lonn preamble
Data Encryption - yes
Authentication Mode - Open
Network Key - <13-character-key-in-hex>

I use this manually configure the adaptor:

/sbin/iwconfig eth1 key restricted <13-character-key-in-hex> essid
"<name>" mode Managed nick "" channel <number>

/sbin/ifconfig eth1 192.168.0.9

/sbin/ifconfig eth1 up

When I do a iwconfig -a, I get :

lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

eth1      IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:"<name>"  Nickname:"anyname"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.442GHz  Access Point:
00:C0:49:CC:80:4A
          Bit Rate=100Mb/s   Tx-Power=0 dBm
          RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:<13-character-key-in-hex>   Security mode:open
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:98/100  Signal level:-66 dBm  Noise level:-154
dBm

But when I try and ping a machine on the network, nothing happens -
attempted after rebooting without the ethernet cable plugged in.

Not too sure how to go from here, and I would be very grateful for any
ideas on how to take this further.

Thanks

Nick