[driverloader] Mandrake 10.1 problems

Francisco Alcaraz falcaraz at ono.com
Mon Oct 25 19:20:14 EDT 2004

Using a Belkin 54g card I have a problem mentioned in this list several
times:
(2.09 release, specific rpm for 10.1 kernel)

"driverloader device eth1 doesn't seem to be present"

Driverloader seems is trying to be loaded to early.

I have added to /etc/rc.local this two lines at the end of the file:

rmmod driverloader
modprobe driverloader

Now I have the error message in the linux startup, but when X is
launched the
light of the card is on and the card is runing fine.

I think this too early driverloader load should be corrected.

Regards

--
Francisco Alcaraz Ariza
Departamento de Biología Vegetal