[driverloader] Driverloader causing system freeze

Jan Elders jrme at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 24 21:40:54 EST 2004

Hello,

After having installed driverloader-2.10_k2.6.5_7.111_smp-1suse.i586.rpm.zip
for my SuSE 9.1 system, my SMC 2835W card works perfect ..............
until after a random period of time the system totally freezes (and I have to
cut power to restart) !!!!!!
Sometimes it works fine for hours, other times it happens already within half
an hour. I cannot detect a clear pattern.

I tried dldrconfig --enable-workaround=stack but that didn't help.

When de-installing the driverloader (and not being able to use the SMC 2835W
of course) the system does not freeze anymore.
Consequently I believe that driverloader is the cause.

Before I change my trial certificate into a purchased one, I want to get rid
of those freezes.
Can anybody help me, please ?

Greetings,
--