[driverloader] Connection drops and instability on DLink G520

David Wood obsidian at panix.com
Tue Nov 30 16:10:17 EST 2004

Hi. I bought driverloader back in the spring to use with a G520 card. The
connection would always drop and it was never stable (lots of kernel
oopses).

We tried a number of things at the time to fix it; different drivers,
settings, and so forth. Nothing worked. I basically gave up. Fortunately
my need for the card to work was not serious.

Now it is. And I am disappointed to see that although there is a big
version number jump, all the problems are still there, just as they were.

What is left to try? DLink has not released any new drivers, and we never
had much luck with drivers from other vendors; most wouldn't load at all,
and the few that did all had the same problem.

If I send you a revB G520 card, will you try and see if you can get it
working yourselves?

Regards,
David