[driverloader] system freeze at boot time

Catalin Ristea ristea at nbi.dk
Thu Dec 2 02:01:43 EST 2004

   Hello,

   I've installled the 2.10 trial version on a Debian Sarge, 2.6.9
kernel, gcc 3.3 for my Dell D800 Broadcom bcm1450 wireless.
   So, at init time, the system freezes when trying to load the
driverloader module.

kernel: usbcore: registered new driver driverloader
kernel: ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:02:03.0[A] -> GSI 7 (level, low) ->
IRQ 7
kernel: 0000:02:03.0: cache line size not set; forcing 16
-------> here it freezes
kernel: wlan0: New link status: Disconnected (0002)

   Usually, I reboot 2-3 times the system, and finally, after 5-10
minutes overall, it loads successfully. From there on, I don't have
any problems. Recompiling the module does not seem to change
anything.

   But today, no matter how many times I tried, it freezes always...
Now, I would like to buy the license, but what should I do to make it
work?

   I'll appreciate any help. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Catalin.