[driverloader] Kerrnel hangs occasionally at boot time.

Jeramy Ashlock ashlock at colorado.edu
Mon Dec 13 21:38:52 EST 2004

Driverloader 2.06 on Fedora core 2 with custom compiled kernel 2.6.9
(and previous versions, with and without 4k stacks)  will occasionally
hang the system at boot time (Dell Inspiron 8600).

 When the "bringing up loopback interface" boot message suceeds, and the
"starting driverloader" boot message is about to be displayed, the
system hangs with zero disk activity indefinitely.  Uninstalling
driverloader returns the system to normal boot behavior.   Usually
booting into windows then back into Linux will somehow get around the
boot problem.

It usually happens when booting on battery power after using AC, but not
every time.

95% of the time, I have the modem shut off via Fn-F2 as I use the
ethernet connection.

This has been going on for more than 8 months.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.  thanks.