[driverloader] Driverloader installer does not work.

Steve Williamson cdwhistler at catsgomeow.com
Fri Jan 7 13:15:18 EST 2005

I decided to try the installer this time but while trying it I came to a
few problems.

1. When I run sh dldrinstall.run as root it opens my browser and say
connect refused to 127.0.0.1:18021.  If I run the command again it loads
up fine.

2. If I run the installer as my user it brings this up:
*Command '/bin/bash:' not supported.*

*Command 'Usage: /bin/bash' not supported.*

*Command ' /bin/bash' not supported.*

*Command 'GNU' not supported.*

*Command ' --debug' not supported.*

*Command ' --dump-po-strings' not supported.*

*Command ' --dump-strings' not supported.*

*Command ' --help' not supported.*

*Command ' --init-file' not supported.*

*Command ' --login' not supported.*

*Command ' --noediting' not supported.*

*Command ' --noprofile' not supported.*

*Command ' --norc' not supported.*

*Command ' --posix' not supported.*

*Command ' --rcfile' not supported.*

*Command ' --restricted' not supported.*

*Command ' --verbose' not supported.*

*Command ' --version' not supported.*

*Command ' --wordexp' not supported.*

*Command 'Shell' not supported.*

*Command ' -irsD' not supported.*

*Command ' -abefhkmnptuvxBCHP' not supported.*

3. This is the major problem that stops me from using the install
script. It uninstalls my driverloader before downloading the new
driverloader package. So you can see that it will not work if my
wireless is unistalled and then try to use the wireless to download the
package.

I am running this on the latest Gentoo.