[driverloader] Bad Link quality with bcm43xx on HP ZD7000 serie

Pascal pascal.meteye at free.fr
Sun Jan 9 15:53:52 EST 2005

Le dimanche 9 Janvier 2005 00:47, Marc Boucher a écrit :
> You could try adding a "#define
> NETNDIS_OPTIMIZE_QUAL_FOR_KDE" on top of
> /usr/lib/driverloader/modules/GPL/netndis.c (in the generic version)
> and recompiling the modules with dldrconfig -ka to see if it helps.

I've made a test transfert of avi file length 700 Mo
from PCA (my server connected to my wireless router with a RJ45 link)
to my Laptop (PCB connected to my router with wireless WEP link)

Under Windows on my Laptop
Start : 13:30:00 End: 13:34:30 4,60Mo/s
Link Quality with Broadcom agent is 100% to 92% (very stable)

Under Linux on my Laptop
Start : 14:42:00   End: 14:50:10   1,4Mo/s
Link Quality with iwconfig is 6% to 15% (very variable)

I've trying to add this "define" on top of
/usr/lib/driverloader/modules/GPL/netndis.c
#define NETNDIS_OPTIMIZE_QUAL_FOR_KDE
I've recompiled the modules with dldrconfig -ka.

and after reboot :
Tranfer test avi file (700 Mo) PCA to PCB
Start 15:34:00   End: 15:42:10  1,4Mo/s
Link Qualty with iwconfig is 58% to 62% (very instable)

effectively the link quality is better but not the transfer rate.

I don't think it is a mesurement problem, the rate transfer
is very low under Linux.

Thank's for your help