[driverloader] Netgear wg311 problems

Jason Jones jajonesy at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 9 21:49:16 EST 2005

I am a linux newbie, having some problems getting my system wireless. I have
a Netgear wg311 (version 1) which I have heard is much more linux friendly
than version two. I am using red hat 9, kernel 2.4.20. The driver loads and
I can see the access point using iwconfig, however when I attempt to
activate the card I get an error that says failed to assign IP address.

Is there something I am not setting up correctly? I have put in the proper
ssid and wep key. I have even tried without any security and I got the same
error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason