[driverloader] Re: Compaq 2170CA/Knoppix3.6/USR5410 PCMCIA card

Jim Brooks jbrooks at omnexcontrols.com
Fri Jan 28 13:39:27 EST 2005

I have been able to get as far as successfully loading the driver and
starting the card(Power LED on).
I am able to send commands with iwconfig however when I try iwlist wlan0
scan...
 1 - The green (TX) led does not come on.
 2 - iwlist reports nothing found.
I have installed the latest 6.05? USR drivers on the XP partition of this
system and it is working.
The inf file is odysseyIMF.inf. However when I try to load the drivers from
this file, while drvrloader finds them, the card does not come up properly.
I noticed a link on the linuxant site for this card, downloaded, and refered
to that inf file, which specified TIACX111.bin. That is where I am currently
with drvrloader reporting success but limited as mentioned above.
One other note.
With driverloader setup, my eth0 connection no longer works.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help,
Jim Brooks
removeme_jbrooks at omnexcontrols.com