[driverloader] Help with HP Pavilion ze5600

Steve Friis wm5z at comcast.net
Sat Feb 12 10:05:00 EST 2005

We have an HP Pavilion ze5600 laptop with built in WI-FI. It has the
following.
Bios revision KH.F.23
Memory         447MB

It seems that driverloader worked and loaded the windows driver OK.
dldrloader shows
MAC address 00:90:4B:49:81:FD
Device Instance PCI-0000:00:90.0-14E4:4320-DE11:00E7
Device driver BCM43xx
License owner (my email address)
License key (The numbers sent via email)

I tried to set it up with the network configure tool, and it seems to be
there. However, it is unable to aquire an IP address. Therefore nothing
works. An error message 8B06 shows up when trying to activate the
device. Any help would be appreciated.

GKrellM does show that there is a WI-FI signal. I did check that the
firewall recognizes the eth1. Eth0 is turned off during boot.

I am new to linux, so be very basic how you tell me to modify whatever I
need to do to make this work. I do have my other laptop working, a Dell
D800 and it came to life without a hitch, so am really puzzled.

Steve