[driverloader] Lost Connection Netgear WG311T

Pierre linux at finalfiler.com
Mon Feb 21 13:42:34 EST 2005

Hi,
First, what a pleasant surprise it was coming across DriverLoader. All
Linux should be like that.

Anyway, DriverLoader installed a Netgear WG311T PCI wireless card for me
just fine. After weeks of mucking about, I actually had it communicating
with the access point.

Initially everything seems to work fine. I can effectively communicate
across the network.

When I look in on the access point, I can see the card on Linux Box, its
IP addr, Device Name and MAC address

But, when I initiate netwoprk traffic like copying a file of a few
megabytes, say from an XP PC to the Linux PC (running SAMBA), it will
copy maybe 1 or 2 Meg and then fail with a response "Cannot copy file,
network name no longer available". Checking the Linux PC at this point
shows that the network connection has disconnected itself.

Back in the Access Point monitoring program, only the MAC address
remains for the connection.

The only way to bring it back to full performance seems to be the Linux
PC. Attempts to start the connection again in any other way fail.

Since I am relatively new to this (we have one Linux PC among 5 WinXP
machines), I'd really appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks

Pierre