[driverloader] Problems with D-Link DWL-G30

Fabio Ruini fabio.ruini at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 13:36:25 EST 2005

Hi at all,

I've got some problems with DriverLoader... :(

I use Debian Sarge (kernel 2.4.27) and I succesfully installed my
wireless pcmcia adapter (D-Link DWL-G630) through DriverLoader.

I can see my card (installed as eth1) when i launch "iwconfig" and i'm
able to assign an ip address to it with a command like "ifconfig eth1
192.168.0.105".

Anyway, when i try to do a scan ("iwlist eth1 scan"), i get an error
message saying: "eth1 Failed to read scan data : No data available".
More, I can't manually assign the MAC address of the Access Point. If
I try, for example, to run "iwconfig eth1 ap 00-11-95-07-C8-82" the
command works succesfully, but i can't see the modify at the next run
of "iwconfig".

Practically, I can't connect the notebook to my wireless networks in
any way... :/

Any help would be appreciate!

Bye,

--