[driverloader] Re: [LinuxR3000] Broadcom 54g + FC3 + 1.5 G = 100% CPU usage?

Larry Sanderson larry at sanderson.net
Thu Mar 24 10:29:59 EST 2005

Finally, someone else with the same problem I've been having!  I could not
figure out why everyone else was getting this to work, but no matter what I
tried, the wireless drivers spun at 100% cpu (both ndiswrapper and
driverloader).

I tried with different BIOS's, different distros, different kernel options,
all with the same results.  The one thing I never tried: reduce the RAM from
my 2GB configuration to something else.  I removed 1GB, and now ndiswrapper
works perfectly.

Thank you for this pointer - I will send a bug to the ndiswrapper folks, and
hopefully a fix will not take too much work.

-Larry