[driverloader] Driver loaded, now what?

Jason Kaskel jkaskel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 18:52:19 EDT 2005

Warning, my knowledge of most SysAdmin tasks on Linux sucks. I'm
trying to get better.

So I got my driverloader business working, and I uploaded and licensed
the driver for my Belkin wirleess card. Everything looks good from the
driverloader end, and it's mapped to device eth0.

My question is, now what? I tried using the redhat network
configuration tool but I wasn't able to get it working. It kept
spitting back an error:

Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06):
SET failed on device eth0: Invalid argument
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A):
Invalid argument "s".

The network itself works fine for my other computers on the network so
it's got to be my setup. Does anyone have an idiot's guide (ie: step
by step) on how to set up this part of it?

Here's my configuration info if it helps:
dldrconfig --info

Wireless interface name: eth0
    MAC address    : 00:11:50:14:DD:95
    Device instance    : PCI-0000:02:09.0-1814:0201-1799:700A
    Device driver    : rt2500
    Description    : IEEE 802.11g Wireless Card
    License owner    : jason at terrapinjay.com
    License key    : 89-E5-01-AB-6F-SS
    License status    : OK (Expires 2005-05-09)

iwlist scan returns:
    eth0    Failed to read scan data : No data available
(it's set to use channel 6, which is what the AP is configured for)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jason