[driverloader] Problem w/ Ace Aspire 1364WLMi

Meije Oppenhuizen omeije at goedbezig.xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 22 20:26:07 EDT 2005

I cannot get the INPROCOMM IPN2220 Wireless LAN Adapter on my Acer w/ SuSE 9.3
up. I already disabled ACPI.

The card seems to be working, but I cannot get access to my AP.
During the install there was mention of a i2220.sys-file. However, no such
file is included in the driver provided by Acer!
So I used the Linksys WPC54G-driver which I found using the pci-id on
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php/List
The card seems to be working, but I cannot get access to my AP.

iwconfig gives:
wlan0     IEEE 802.11g  ESSID:""  Nickname:"acer"
          Mode:Managed  Bit Rate=1 Mb/s
          RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

iwlist scan says:

wlan0     Failed to read scan data : No data available

It is driving me mad!
Can someone please point me in the right direction?
Many thanks and greetings,
--
Meije Oppenhuizen
Utrecht, Netherlands