[driverloader] Problem with WG121

Marco Coli marco.coli at hi-cad.it
Tue May 17 19:01:35 EDT 2005

Hello, I am in Italy, I own a WG121 Netgear USB card. My kernel is
kernel-2.6.11-1.14_FC3.stk16. My machine is always on

My problem follows: after some hours (it varies: 8 hours, sometimes 24,
sometimes 36) the WG121 hangs. The two leds on the unit power down. I
can't reload the driver (e.g. /etc/init.d/driverloader restart), because
the shell from which the command is executed hangs. The same if I try to
have a dump (dldrconfig --dumpdiag)

The only reference I have is an entry in the log (/var/log/messages)
when I have the problem:

May 15 11:34:07 matrix kernel: usb 1-2: USB disconnect, address 2
May 15 11:34:07 matrix kernel: driverloader: osusb: SubmitUrbListEntry:
submit failed: -19, pipe=0xc0070200
May 15 11:34:17 matrix kernel: eth2: New link status: Disconnected (0002)

The only remedy I have is a reboot

I found the problem very annoying, because this machine has services on
it, and rebooting it is very unpleasent.

Do you think is a driver problem? I don't think it's a unit problem
because as soon as I reboot, all function.
--
Saluti - Marco Coli