[driverloader] Netgear 511v2 (Marvell chipset)

James Sparenberg james at linuxrebel.us
Tue Jun 14 12:56:43 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 17:17 +0200, Christian Kalkhoff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i saw similar stuff  before some years ago on kernel bugs. :) Anyway. I
> use the Windows XP driver bundled with the card. I tried the Windows XP,
> Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000 drivers but i guess they are all
> the same.
>
> I have no packet filtering/modifying in the net. When making those pings
> eth0 (Intel ethernet card) was down and the only route was through the
> AP (192.168.67.2). When i try to connect to the web interface on that
> AP, it is really really slow. Seeing approx 40% package loss i can
> imagine why. :)
<snip>

   Sorry to but in here, but I have seen a problem like this with pings
before... not remembering the solution off hand but what it's saying is
that your packet is only 52  bytes (+ 8 byte header) instead of 56 bytes
as it should be.    If you throw the first line of your error into
google.

wrong data byte #52 should be 0x34 but was 0x0

A lot will come back all related to this and generally over my head.
But it might help in diagnosing the problem.    I contacted a friend of
mine who dashed off a quick note to me saying to look at the size of
packets going out and coming back.

56(84)  should be outgoing and 64 bytes coming back.    Otherwise he
wasn't at all helpful... sorry.  Basically it seems that the return size
should be 20 bytes less than the transmit.

James