[driverloader] unable to find access point using iwlist scan

Mark Knight eaglescout799 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 09:09:51 EDT 2005

Hi -

I've used DriverLoader before with no problems.  This time, however,
I've run into difficulty getting a connection.  The driverloader module
installed properly, but an attempt to use the card fails when it can't
obtain an IP address.  The cause for this failure becomes evident when
I run "iwlist eth1 scan," which returns the message:

eth1      Failed to read scan data : No data available

I've tried finding ap in two locations where there are quite strong
signals; my Windows partition finds the access points with no trouble
using the same card.

My card is a MA521 from NetGear, which (I believe) uses the RTL8180L
chipset.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

~Mark