[driverloader] Thinkpad t42p + Atheros

Stephen Jones stjones at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 30 10:48:41 EDT 2005

Hi all.  I recently licensed driverloader (ver 2.28).
I have a thinkpad t42p with the IBM atheros-based
mini-pci wlan adapter.  I am using Suse Linux Pro 9.3.
 The driver that this adapter uses under Windows is

Using the latest driver version available from IBM
(ver driverloader loads the driver fine,
but cannot associate with any APs (iwlist reports scan
results unavailable).

Using an old version of the driver (ver from
2003, driverloader loads and I can use the network.
Suspend and resume, however, do _not_ work.

Using an intermediate version of the driver (ver driverloader fails to load the driver at

Any tips on getting suspend and resume to work using
either the new or old driver would be appreciated.

Do You Yahoo!?