[driverloader] Could not run WLG 1500 in Ad-hoc Mode

Rohan Shrivastava touchrohanr at rediffmail.com
Thu Nov 17 04:42:57 EST 2005

Hi there,

I am unable to configure WLG 1500 USB adapter in Adhoc mode.
I am using SuSE 9.0 Linux. At the other end there is PPC with Wi-Fi.

#iwconfig wlan0

  wlan0     IEEE 802.11-FH  ESSID:"adhoc"  Nickname:"linux"
          Mode:Ad-Hoc  Frequency:2.462GHz  Bit Rate=11Mb/s   Tx-Power:18 dBm
          RTS thr=2312 B   Fragment thr=2312 B
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

my essid is adhoc and the same essid is in my Pocket pc.
But still I am unable to ping my PPC.

It shows the adhoc cell with in the list of scaned devices.
(through "iwlist wlan0 scan" command).

As far as I know for connecting two system in Adhoc mode we need to keep the essid same and the IP address should be in the same subnet, which is correct in my case. Please tell me if I have to do more changes.

What could be the error in my process?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
-Rohan