[driverloader] Fedora4 with Dell 600M/ Intel 2200BG wireless problem

Kevin B kevin1a at varlog.net
Sun Dec 4 15:23:22 EST 2005

Hello,
Brand new Dell 600m. lspci says Intel 2200 BG rev 05 [mini pci cardbus]
I downloaded the Drivers from Dell  R107434.exe, extracted them
on XP and burned to cd.  On Fedora, I run the dldrinstall.run and
it told me to go and get the kernel with big stacks.  Done.
Reboot the new kernel and run it again.
It downloaded the 'precompiled' driverloader RPM and installed it.
Next I load the drivers  inf file and it asks for the 2 drivers w29n50.sys and w29n51.sys.
I point to the files and continue.
w29n51.sys loaded and it says module ipw2200 overritten by w29n51
but still says the device is not present.
dmesg says it cannot find hal.dll in /var/lib/driverloader so I copied from XP
and tried again. It says hal.dll needs ntsokrnl.exe so I copied ot over.
Reloading the drivers create a hard lockup of the system.
Reboot creates a hard lockup when driverloader service starts.
I removed the ntsokrnl.exe from runlevel1 to be able to boot.
Is this card supported?
BTW, the link to the drivers for this card on the drivers.php page is broken.
Any help is appreciated

thanks in advance

Kevin