[driverloader] Driverloader + WPA + NetworkManager status?

Regis Duchesne celine-regis at comcast.net
Wed Apr 19 00:15:53 EDT 2006

Folks,

Does anybody know what the current status of the WPA support in
NetworkManager is currently, when using the driverloader driver?

Right now when I select my home SSID in NetworkManager, I get a popup
with this error:
"
Error connecting to wireless network

The requested wireless network requires security capabilities
unsupported by your hardware.

"

Reading some mailing list, I saw that the madwifi driver for example had
this issue, until they patched it to advertise its WPA capabilities.

I was wondering if the driverloader suffered the same issue?

In other words, if I upgrade all my software (NetworkManager,
wpa_supplicant, DriverLoader, ...) to the latest CVS/SVN versions, is
there a chance that things will work in the end?

Thanks,
--
Regis "HPReg" Duchesne